Brooksby Enterprises Ltd
Brooksby Equestrian Centre, Hives Farm, Brooksby, Leicestershire, LE14 2LJ
Show Information The arena is only available to you within your booked timeslot – This includes warm up, cool down and equipment set up & put away. There is no access to other arenas or areas of the property, without a prior booking. Failure to comply with these terms may result in refused entry to the facility on another occasion. Although this is a self-directed session, checks are made to ensure your booking is adhered to.
To enter: A: Telephone bookings accepted if accompanied by Credit/ Debit Card details at the time of booking , in order to make payment for event(s). B: You can book using our Secure Online Entry System, facilitated by MyRidingLife.
C: Entries made on the day of the event are accepted but only if places are available. To guarantee entry, please book in advance. Please be aware that occasional events will not allow entries on the day so please check in advance.
Terms & Conditions
- By completing an entry, whether online, telephone or in writing, you agree to the following terms and conditions. All entries or bookings must be accompanied with the appropriate entry fees, paid either by credit/debit card, cash or cheque (made payable to ‘Brooksby Enterprises Ltd’).
- Any withdrawals must be made before the close of entries. Any competitor withdrawing after the closing date will not be entitled to a refund, unless accompanied by a valid Vet or Doctor’s certificate.
- All Dressage competitions shall run under British Dressage rules, unless stated otherwise, and all Show Jumping shall run under British Showjumping rules, unless stated otherwise.
- Brooksby Equestrian Centre reserves the right to refuse any entry without reason, to cancel or alter any class, section or competition as they see fit, at any time, without giving reason. Classes may be split if entries warrant.
- The judge’s and organiser’s decision is final. Any offensive or abusive behaviour will lead to expulsion from the premises and denied access to future events held at Brooksby Equestrian Centre.
- Brooksby Enterprises Ltd, the organisers, their representatives or helpers do not accept liability for injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators, competitors, their horses, grooms, friends, vehicles or property, however caused, and under any circumstances, except proven negligence of the organisers. Brooksby Enterprises Ltd must be made aware of any claims for negligence on the day of the competition and be submitted in writing within 3 days of the competition. All claims to be submitted in writing to Brooksby Enterprises Ltd, Brooksby Equestrian Centre, Hives Farm, Brooksby, Leicestershire, LE14 2LJ
- All competitors must compete in the declared order. If a competitor does not present themselves to the steward when called, they will be deemed withdrawn.
- Practice jumps must be jumped in the correct direction, white flag to the rider’s left hand side and red flag to the rider’s right hand side.
- Correct riding attire must be worn by all competitors unless stated otherwise. Current BSI standard hard hats must be worn and properly secured at all times whilst mounted. Body protectors are also advised when jumping and are compulsory for all outdoor Cross Country events.
- The welfare and health of all horses attending any show at Brooksby Equestrian Centre is paramount. Any horse deemed to be sick, or injured in anyway, will be immediately eliminated and the owner shall be asked to remove the horse from the premises. All horses must be 4 years old or over and eligible to compete, with exception of young stock showing classes.
- Lungeing is not permitted in any of the arenas or fields at any time.
- Entries in some cases will be limited. Classes may start early and might also run into the evening.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and remain the responsibility of the owner. If any dog is found loose on the College grounds unattended, then appropriate action will be taken. Any dog fouling MUST be cleaned up and disposed of appropriately.
- It is compulsory that horseboxes are NOT to be mucked out on site.
- It is compulsory that all gates MUST be kept closed when possible
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- It is the responsibility of all competitors to ensure that the grounds of Brooksby Equestrian Centre and the surrounding college premises are kept clean and litter put in the bins provided. Any competitor, or anyone attending with a competitor, found to be disobeying these rules will be asked to leave the college grounds immediately.
- The speed limits on the internal road at the college must be adhered to at all times
- The centre’s staff reserves the right to ask any competitor or visitor in breach of these terms and conditions, to leave the grounds immediately.
- The college reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions should the need arise.
- Smoking is not permitted whilst mounted or on foot anywhere other than the designated smoking area, which is clearly sign posted in the car park
- In the event of a Zoonotic diseases (e.g. Strangles, Equine Influenza, Herpes Virus) outbreak in the local area then all hirers and competitors are responsible for making sure that they minimise the risk of any potential contamination and if requested they provide a vet certificate to ensure the horses are disease free before arriving on site.
- The online bookings facility is hosted by MyRidingLife, part of AffairsGroup.co.uk, through www.brooksbyequestrian.co.uk. MyRidingLife acts as the authorised facilitator of services in respect of all event tickets you purchase from our website.
- Payments made by Visa and MasterCard credit or debit cards are accepted. We do not accept American Express, if payment is attempted through this method then the transaction will fail.
- By purchasing a ticket through MyRidingLife your contract is held with Brooksby Enterprises Ltd, on behalf of events held at Brooksby Equestrian Centre.
- Your booking is issued subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Brooksby Equestrian Centre reserves the right to open and close the sale of tickets for events without prior notification or warning, i.e. if events are at capacity prior to the closing date.
- All payment transactions are processed through WorldPay PLC. Neither Brooksby Enterprises Ltd nor MyRidingLife have access to any payment card details.
- Upon payment and acceptance by us you will receive a confirmation email detailing your event booking and information you submitted. It is your responsibility to check this information is correct and if incorrect to inform Brooksby Equestrian Centre at least 24 hours prior to the event date.
- Bookings made online will have the option to transfer monies to another event held at Brooksby Equestrian Centre, at no extra cost, prior to the original event date. Once an event has taken place, you will be unable to transfer any monies to another event and no refund can be issued. The booking fee of £1.50 is retained, unless otherwise agreed.
- In the event the horse is unable to participate in an event for health reasons, a vet’s certificate is required in order to process a refund. Refunds will be issued at the discretion of the organiser. Please note any refund can take up to 10 working days for the funds to return.
- Brooksby Equestrian Centre reserves the right to cancel bookings which it reasonably believes to have been made fraudulently.
- If there is an error in the pricing for bookings you have made, MyRidingLife will, where possible, give you the option of reconfirming your booking at the correct price (and credit or debit your account as applicable) or cancelling your order and receiving a refund of the price of the tickets.
- You should check whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. Brooksby Equestrian Centre will endeavour to notify anyone who has booked for the affected event.
- Complaints regarding online bookings, please contact Brooksby Equestrian Centre directly. Either by telephone on 01664 855333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.